Diet for pancreatitis of the pancreas, as such, begins no earlier than 4 days (before that, only complete starvation).
According to the generally accepted classification of diets, which is used in medical institutions, proper nutrition for pancreatitis is the Penza diet No. 5. Food should be taken in small portions 5-6 times a day, eliminating snacks in between the main techniques.
The essence of the diet - the rejection of all products that increase acid production in the stomach and provoke active work of pancreatic enzymes. After an exacerbation of the disease, doctors strongly recommend that you follow a diet for a long time - at least 8 months.
Proper diet with pancreatitis for every day is important to prevent pain attacks, or at least reduce their severity.
- In acute pancreatitis or in exacerbation of the chronic form, all food must be rubbed, boiled or steamed, which ensures maximum gastric sparing.
- It is better to cook food for a couple - it saves nutrients and does not harm the body.
Eating should be in small portions about 5-6 times a day.
- Overeating is not allowed, because this creates not only an increased load on the pancreas, but also on the entire digestive tract as a whole.
- Do not eat hot or cold dishes, food should be warm. The optimum temperature is 20 - 50 °.
Nutrition for pancreatitis of the pancreas should be nutritious, contain an increased amount of proteins, but a reduced amount of fats and carbohydrates (in particular, sugar) to prevent liver degeneration into fatty hepatosis and the development of diabetes.
It is necessary to exclude from your diet or even refuse forever from the following:
- sour juices;
- canned food;
- smoked meat;
- hot spices and seasonings.
Make sure that the diet is varied and includes both plant food and animal protein.
Recommended products and dishes
Attention should be paid to such products:
- Sour cottage cheese, hard varieties of cheese.
- Vegetarian soups, cereals and vegetables, grated, with potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots, with pasta, semolina, buckwheat, oatmeal. In the soup, add 5g of butter or 10g of sour cream.
- Dishes of lean meat and poultry, steamed, baked in the oven, meatballs, meatballs and meat casseroles.
- Unsweetened baked apples, jelly or fruit compote.
- Dried white bread or crackers, dry biscuits.
- Boiled porridges (buckwheat, oatmeal, semolina, rice) or pureed, boiled in water or milk in half with water, boiled vermicelli.
- Slightly brewed tea with milk or rosehip in broth, a little sweetened.
It is also important not to overeat, reducing the daily amount of food to 2.5 kilograms, taking into account the fluid you drink. Food is often taken in small portions. Following all the rules of nutrition for pancreatitis can significantly increase the effectiveness of therapy in general.
Nutrition during exacerbation of pancreatitis
When exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis is the first 1-2 days - starvation diet, the patient is only allowed to drink 1-2 cups of rosehip broth 0.8-1 liter of Borjomi type alkaline mineral water (1 cup 4-5 times a day). All liquids give 200 ml 6 times a day. In severe cases, drinking is also not allowed, nutrition is only intravenous.
Two days later, next week, special nutrition is introduced for pancreatitis - diet number 5p, which includes several options. Its goal is to reduce the formation of gastric acid and allow the pancreas to concentrate all forces on the process of struggle for survival.
Sample menu for the week with pancreatitis
In order not to be so difficult to get used to the new way of eating, we have prepared for you an exemplary weekly menu for pancreatitis of the pancreas.
- Breakfast. Steamed meat (chicken or beef). Tea or broth hips.
- Lunch. Oatmeal on milk. Broth or dogrose infusion.
- Dinner. Carrot and pumpkin puree soup. Steamed fish. Tea.
- High tea 1 jar of baby food.
- Dinner. Vegetable ragout of zucchini and carrots. A piece of boiled chicken. Dried fruits compote.
- For the night. A glass of kefir
- Breakfast. Steamed meat patties or scrambled eggs from the proteins of two eggs. You can also have breakfast with cottage cheese pudding or boiled fish.
- Lunch. Cottage cheese - 150 grams. Mug of tea with milk
- Dinner. Vegetarian grated potato soup with a little sour cream. Steamed meat patties.
- High tea Omelet of 2 eggs of proteins or 30 grams of cheese. A glass of broth hips.
- Dinner. Meatloaf stuffed with scrambled eggs, consisting of 100 g of meat and 10 g of bread; steamed meatballs; boiled chicken - about 80-90 grams. Mug of tea with milk
- For the night. Fat-free cottage cheese, sugar free - 100 grams. A glass of fruit jelly.
- Breakfast: crackers with cheese.
- Second breakfast: omelette steamed bread with tea.
- Lunch: buckwheat porridge, boiled zucchini, cottage cheese.
- Safe, grated apple.
- Dinner: oatmeal, beet salad, baked apple.
- Breakfast: boiled beef, oatmeal with milk, tea.
- Second breakfast: scrambled eggs, baked apple, broth hips.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, beef souffle, pasta, sweet berry jelly, compote.
- Tea time: cottage cheese and tea.
- Dinner: fish souffle, tea.
Example number 5
- Breakfast: 200 g of oatmeal, a slice of white bread, mineral water without gas.
- Second breakfast: 100 g of cottage cheese pudding, 100 g of applesauce, tea.
- Lunch: 400 ml of vegetable soup-puree, 200 g of pumpkin porridge, 200 g of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 100g of meatloaf, 100g of cottage cheese casserole, 200 ml of kissel.
- Breakfast. Mashed potatoes (200g) with meatballs (105 g), ground milk rice porridge (200 g), tea.
- Lunch. Cottage cheese (100 g).
- Dinner. Potato and carrot puree soup (250 g), toast, 110 g steamed meat souffle, buckwheat porridge (200 g), compote.
- High tea 110 g omelet of steamed proteins.
- Dinner. Steamed fish roll (250 g), tea.
- For the night. A glass of yogurt.
Example number 7
- Breakfast. Oatmeal (300 g), meat souffle (110 g), tea.
- Lunch. Cottage cheese (100 g).
- Dinner. Oat ground soup (250 g), steam meat patties (110 g) with carrot and potato puree (200 g) and milk sauce, baked apple.
- High tea Protein omelet
- Dinner. Meatballs (110 g) under milk sauce with carrot puree (150 g), tea.
- For the night. A glass of kefir.
For convenience, allowed products can be combined, or swapped. Then your weekly menu will become more varied.