Artradol is a chondroprotector with the ability to restore cartilage structure.
The drug is prescribed for the treatment of osteochondrosis, arthrosis and other pathologies of the spine and joints. It eliminates the main symptoms of the disease, strengthens the human musculoskeletal system.
On this page you will find all the information about Artradol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Artradol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
A drug that regulates the metabolism of cartilage tissue. Chondroprotector.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Artradol cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 680 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Artradol is produced in the form of a lyophilisate, which is used to prepare a special solution intended for intramuscular administration. In this case, one such lyophilisate contains in its composition 100 mg of the active substance, that is, chondroitin sulfate.
As part of the lyophilisate Artradol there is only one active active ingredient - chondroitin sulfate. This drug is an analogue of our cartilage protein.
After entering the body, chondroitin is delivered by blood to the articular cavity. There the medicine will produce a healing effect:
- It inhibits the degeneration of cartilage tissue in various diseases.
- It leads to the formation of new proteins and amino acids, normalizes protein metabolism in cartilage.
- Stimulates the formation of intercellular cartilage matter.
- Improves the exchange of calcium and phosphorus in the place of action.
- Block enzymes that promote tissue damage.
- Reduces the intensity of inflammation.
- Increases mobility in damaged joints.
- It enhances the regeneration and production of joint fluid.
- Slows bone damage under the action of mineral deficiency and inflammation.
- With prolonged use reduces pain in the joint.
Concentration in the articular cavity of chondroitin reaches a maximum after 3-4 hours after injection. However, its effect is associated with long-term biochemical processes.
Indications for use
The instructions for use indicate that Artradol is prescribed to patients in case of diagnosis:
- arthrosis in the initial stage;
- spondyloarthrosis, if the pathology has spread to the soft tissues;
- osteoarthritis (medication complements the complex therapy);
- osteochondrosis, accompanied by dystrophy of spinal discs and (or) violation of their depreciation.
Do not use the drug in such cases:
- Use in pediatric patients;
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity of Artradol or its components.
Use with caution:
- Use during the course of pregnancy;
- Use during breastfeeding;
- The presence of bleeding in patients;
- Increased tendency of patients to bleed;
- The presence of venous thrombosis in patients.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is prescribed with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Instructions for use Artradol
In the instructions for use indicated that Artradol injections appointed IM / 100 mg every other day. Before use, the contents of the ampoule are dissolved in 1 ml of water for injection. With good tolerance, the dose is increased to 200 mg, starting with the 4th injection.
The course of treatment is 25-35 injections. Repeated course - in 6 months. The duration of repeated courses of treatment is determined by the doctor.
Artradol is well tolerated in most cases, but side effects after its use are still possible. In case of hypersensitivity to the components of this drug, its use may cause allergic reactions. In rare cases, hemorrhages may occur at injection sites.
Information about overdose of the drug at this time is not available. When used together, it is possible to enhance the properties of indirect anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytics. Pregnant and lactating women Artradol must be prescribed with extreme caution.
The instruction of Artradol prescribes to take it with care:
- pregnant women and lactating mothers;
- people who are diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease.
The use of the drug in parallel with indirect anticoagulants, fibrinolitikami or antiplatelet agents will require more frequent monitoring of blood clotting.
On the forums reviews about Artradol are found relatively often. In particular, reviews of patients with spinal diseases and others indicate that the injections significantly reduce pain syndrome during the first course of therapy. According to patients, the drug effectively reduces swelling in patients with osteochondrosis, arthrosis of the joints. Mostly positive are also the reviews of doctors, in which it is noted that the medicine acts most effectively if it is used strictly according to the scheme and in the dose prescribed by the specialist.
In the reviews, the side effects of the remedy are very rarely mentioned. Sometimes people who have undergone drug treatment mention minor allergic reactions, as well as the appearance of hemorrhage in the places where the injection was carried out.
Analogues of Artradol on the active substance are drugs:
- Artra Chondroitin 750;
- Chondroitin Verte;
- Hondrolife lyophilisate;
- Chondrolone lyophilisate;
Artradol analogs on the mechanism of action and belonging to one pharmacological group include:
- Amtolmetin guacil;
- Diaflex Rompharm;
- Diacerein Mac;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored in a dry, protected from light, out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 20 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.