Venter is an anti-ulcer drug that has a protective effect on the mucous membrane of the duodenum and stomach.
The active component of Venter is sucralfate disaccharide, which consists of sucrose sulfate and aluminum hydroxide. This compound contributes to the rapid healing of peptic ulcers, prevents the development of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, protects the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract from the effects of hydrochloric acid and pepsin.
On this page you will find all the information about Venter: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Venter. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Venter cost? The average price in pharmacies is about 300 rubles.
Release form and composition
- Tablets Venter, 10 pieces of blisters. 1 tablet contains 1 g of sucralfate.
- Venter granules for preparing a solution for internal use, in packets of 2 g, 50 packets per pack. 1 packet contains 1 g of sucralfate - the active ingredient.
Venter is a drug containing an active ingredient - sucralfate - a disaccharide consisting of aluminum hydroxide and sucrose sulfate. The drug helps to accelerate the healing of peptic ulcers, prevents the recurrence of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, protects the gastric mucosa from the effects of hydrochloric acid and pepsin. Venter reduces pepsin activity by 30%, but does not have a significant effect on the acidity of gastric juice.
The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the ability of sucralfate to bind to proteins of damaged mucosal tissues, as a result of which a protective film forms on the surface of the ulcer. Venter stimulates the regeneration of damaged tissues, accelerates scarring of ulcers, prevents the development of recurrence of peptic ulcer disease and the formation of stress ulcers. The drug reduces the absorption of phosphates in the gastrointestinal tract.
Indications for use
Venter is prescribed for ulcers of the small intestine and stomach (including for preventive purposes), for drug ulcers, heartburn, gastroduodenitis, reflux gastritis, reflux esophagitis, increased acidity in gastritis, stress ulcers in the gastrointestinal tract, symptomatic ulcers.
Venter is also effective for patients on hemodialysis in case of complications with uremia.
According to the instructions, Venter is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to one or several components that make up the tablets, as well as in the presence of the following conditions:
- Severe renal dysfunction;
- Dysphagia or obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug should be taken with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the drug Venter is taken orally:
- Adults take 0.5-1 g 4 times / day or 1 g in the morning and evening, or 2 g 2 times / day 1 hour before meals and before bedtime.
- The maximum daily dose is 12 g.
- The average duration of treatment of peptic ulcer is 4-6 weeks, if necessary - up to 12 weeks.
- Children - 0.5 g 4 times / day.
In patients with hyperphosphatemia, with a decrease in plasma phosphate concentration, the dose of sucralfate may be reduced.
As a rule, side effects when using Venter does not occur often. However, in some cases it is possible the development of violations of various body systems, manifested in the form of:
- Pruritus, rashes, and urticaria (dermatologic reactions);
- Diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, and gastralgia (digestive system);
- Drowsiness, dizziness, and headache (central nervous system).
Also in some cases, taking Venter can cause pain in the lumbar region.
Overdose, like intoxication is unlikely. Several patients reported pain in the stomach, nausea, and vomiting. Treatment is symptomatic. Prolonged use of large doses can lead to aluminum accumulation in the body, especially in patients with suppressed kidney function.
- Short-term treatment can lead to complete scarring of the ulcer, but does not affect the severity and frequency of relapses.
- In renal failure, control of aluminum and serum phosphate is necessary.
- The appearance of drowsiness and cramps indicates the toxic effect of aluminum.
- Sucralfate can bind protein, so its introduction through a nasogastric tube can lead to the formation of bezoar with other drugs or solutions for enteral feeding.
When kidney damage when taking this drug in the body can accumulate aluminum. This process can cause dizziness, convulsions, frequent fractures, pain in the bones, in severe cases death or coma occurs.
Antacids should be taken half an hour after Venter or half an hour before taking it. Also, Venter and tetracyclines, theophylline, indirect anticoagulants, phenytoin, digoxin, ofloxacin, norfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, ranitidine, cimetidine should not be taken simultaneously.
Because of the risk of dizziness, you should refrain from activities that require high concentration of attention.
We picked up some reviews of people about Venter:
- Victor. In the treatment of chronic gastritis he took various medications: loski, nolpaz, omeprazole, and denol did not help. The doctor advised me to take Venter (Slovenia). Taking trimetad (three times before eating), added half a table (0.5 g) of Venter for the night. On the second day, I stopped waking up at night from stomach pain and eating. Anxieties are gone and life has become more fun. For the price of Venter is much cheaper than the previously mentioned drugs.
- Alice. They saved me from wild stomach pains, chronic gastritis worsened, I could not sleep at night from wild pains! The only negative is that it is very difficult to swallow!, It was necessary to divide it into several parts, and even to make suspensions (due to the peculiarities of the stomach). But nevertheless helped.
- Ivan When the hospital was given a venter with an ulcer. Conveniently - I drank the talker and went, and it felt as if he felt faster. The truth once consolidated so much that the doctor said that it was time to tie up with this tool, he sat on omeprazole one afterwards. Although it all healed so tf 3 times
Disturbances in the work of the digestive tract bother many people. Therefore, reviews of the drug "Venter" are quite common. Patients using this medicine report that it affects different people differently. Some argue that the drug in question does not always help get rid of problems in the digestive tract. Others report that if you take the medicine in combination (for example, with Omez, Fosfalyugel, Renny, etc.), it rather effectively promotes the healing of ulcers and erosions.
The structural analogue of Venter is Sukralfat. The similar mechanism of action of drugs include: Gastrocipin, Vis-Nol, Gastro-Norm.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
According to the instructions, Venter should be stored in a place inaccessible to children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug is 3 years.