Desal has been used in the treatment of allergic reactions. It contains desloratadine, a selective inhibitor of histamine receptors.
Due to this effect, there is a depression of cytotoxic reactions, release of inflammatory mediators and, as a result, blocking the development of mucosal edema, cell migration to mucous membranes and inflammation in them during allergic reactions.
On this page you will find all the information about Desal: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Desal. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Histamine H1 receptor blocker. Antiallergic drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Dezal cost? The average price in pharmacies is 220 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in two dosage forms:
- Tablets in a special film coating;
- A solution for taking per os (preferably for children in view of ease of use).
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredient: desloratadine - 5 mg;
- auxiliary components: mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized corn starch, talc;
- shell composition: opadry blue 03F20404 titanium dioxide (E171), hypromellose 6cP, dye indigo carmine aluminum varnish (E132), macrogol 6000.
1 ml of solution contains:
- active ingredient: desloratadine - 0.5 mg;
- auxiliary components: sorbitol, citric acid monohydrate, hypromellose 2910, propylene glycol, sodium citrate dihydrate, disodium edetate, tutti-frutti flavoring, sucralose.
Long-acting antihistamine drug, peripheral H blocker, histamine receptors. Desloratadine is the primary active metabolite of loratadine.
Inhibits a cascade of reactions of allergic inflammation, incl. release of pro-inflammatory cytokines including the interleukins IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-13, the release of proinflammatory chemokines, production of superoxide anion by activated polymorphonuclear neutrophils adhesion and chemotaxis eosinophils selection adhesion molecules such as P-selectin, IgE - mediated release of histamine, prostaglandin D2 and leukotriene C4.
Thus, it prevents the development and facilitates the course of allergic reactions, has antipruritic and anti-exudative action, reduces capillary permeability, prevents the development of tissue edema, and smooth muscle spasm.
The action of desloratadine begins within 30 minutes after ingestion and lasts for 24 hours.
Indications for use
What helps? Instructions for the drug involves the following indications:
- Redness of the eyeballs, eyelids, and increased tearing of the tear ducts;
- Idiopathic urticaria;
- Acute bronchospasm;
- The manifestation of pollinated rhinitis;
- Itching nasal mucosa;
- Manifestations of allergy symptoms of unidentified nature.
This drug should not be prescribed for:
- children's age up to 12 years (for tablets) and up to 1 year (for solution) (efficacy and safety have not been established);
- hypersensitivity to any substance of the drug.
It should also be noted that with extreme caution the remedy in question is prescribed for renal failure (severe).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Desal is not prescribed for the treatment of allergic reactions in women awaiting childbirth. This is due to the lack of reliable data regarding the safety of the effects of the main active component of the drug on fetal intrauterine development.
Since desloratadine can penetrate into breast milk and then into the body of a baby with food, the use of this drug during breastfeeding is contraindicated. If necessary, treatment with the drug Desal is recommended for a woman to temporarily interrupt lactation and transfer the child to artificial feeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Desal is available in two dosage forms, for each of which the manufacturer has developed its own treatment regimen. About how many days you can take the medication, you need to check with your doctor who prescribed the drug.
1) Desal tablets, instructions for use:
- Tablets are taken orally.
- Recommended dosage: 1 pc. 1 time per day, regardless of the meal.
2) Desal solution, instructions for use:
The solution is intended for oral administration, 1 time per day, regardless of the meal. Dosing has age limits:
- patients older than 12 years: 10 ml;
- children aged 6-11 years: 5 ml;
- children aged 1-5 years: 2.5 ml.
The following adverse reactions are most often noted: increased fatigue (1.2%), dryness of the oral mucosa (0.8%), headache (0.6%). When using the drug in adults and adolescents in the recommended dose of 5 mg / day, the frequency of drowsiness is not higher than with placebo.
The following adverse reactions were very rarely observed during post-marketing surveillance:
- Mental disorders: hallucinations.
- On the part of the digestive system: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, diarrhea.
- From the musculoskeletal system: myalgia.
- From the side of the central nervous system: dizziness, drowsiness, insomnia, psychomotor hyperactivity.
- Since the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, palpitations.
- On the part of the liver and biliary tract: increased activity of liver enzymes, increasing the concentration of bilirubin, hepatitis.
- Allergic reactions: anaphylaxis, angioedema, pruritus, rash, urticaria.
According to the reports of experts, the medication, taken in a dosage higher than the recommended one in 9 times, did not lead to any side effects. However, in rare cases, patients developed sleepiness. As a treatment, gastric lavage is used. Also, the patient may be assigned to receive activated carbon.
In the case of pronounced renal dysfunction, Desal should be taken with caution.
In studies, no effect of desloratadine on driving was noted. However, it should be borne in mind that it is very rare for some patients to develop drowsiness, in this case care should be taken when driving and working with mechanisms.
No clinically significant interaction with other drugs was revealed (including with ketoconazole and erythromycin).
Desloratadine does not enhance the effect of ethanol on the central nervous system.
We picked up some feedback from people about Desal:
- Helena. Desal perfectly helps, for example with insect bites. But with allergies and sneezing is not very. But he likes the stomach, it does not hurt him at all. And suprastin, tsetrin, deazalin cause pain.
- Catherine. The antihistamine “Dezal” for allergies also came up to me, before that I started to drink “Citrine”, it was even worse. I take it somewhere from May until September intermittently, there were no side effects. The price is acceptable. I also try to wash my hands more often, wash my nose and not go to places where there is ambrosia.
Similar to its therapeutic effect with Desal are the following products:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, tablets - in a dark place.
Expiration date: tablets - 2 years, solution - 3 years.