Dolgit has an effective analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect on the tissue due to the active substance ibuprofen contained in it.
In addition to the fact that ibuprofen causes severe pain to subside (analgesic effect), it also eliminates severe puffiness. Cream or gel is quickly absorbed into the subcutaneous layers and in the first 30 minutes the strength of the drug continues to increase. The resulting effect is maintained for 3-4 hours.
On this page you will find all the information about Dolgit: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dolgit. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
NSAIDs for external use.
Pharmacy sales terms
Can be bought without a prescription.
How much is long? The average price in pharmacies is 145 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Dolgit is available in the following dosage forms:
- Cream 5% in aluminum tubes of 20, 50 or 100 g in a carton box with the accompanying instructions. The active ingredient of the cream is ibuprofen (1 g of cream contains 50 mg of the active ingredient).
- Gel 5% in aluminum tubes of 20, 50 or 100 g in a carton box with the accompanying instructions. The active substance of the gel is ibuprofen (1 g of gel contains 50 mg of the active ingredient).
The drug in both its dosage forms is intended only for external use, it is not allowed to apply ointment or gel on the mucous membranes!
Is the cream or gel long?
The choice of the form of the drug is better to entrust the doctor. Only a professional can determine the stage of the inflammatory process, the severity of the disease, and the need to include one or another form of the drug.
Long with a creamy structure, due to the fact that it is absorbed more slowly by the gel, doctors recommend for massage procedures. The cream has good gliding properties. Massage procedures with Dolgit cream give a good result in long-term complex therapy of pain syndromes caused by inflammation. Its action is longer.
Gel structure Dolita is more suitable for emergency help at home. It is allowed to use the gel with a gel structure for treating small children with bruises and sprains, whereas with a cream it is allowed to treat children only after 12 years.
The active substance of the cream and gel Dolgit - ibuprofen - is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug from the group of propionic acid derivatives. "Non-steroidal" means that the drug is non-hormonal (hormonal drugs are called steroids).
Ibuprofen produces three therapeutic actions at once:
- relieves pain;
- suppresses the inflammatory process;
- lowers the temperature.
Applied to the site of inflammation Dolgit cream blocks the process of synthesis in the body of substances that provoke the development of inflammation, and prevents the penetration of excess fluid into the tissue. As a result of the effect of the drug, the pain significantly decreases or is completely eliminated, the swelling of the diseased joint disappears and, consequently, its mobility increases.
Indications for use
Long cream (gel) is indicated for use in the following diseases:
- sciatica and dr;
- osteochondrosis with pinching of the nerve roots;
- osteoarthritis, causing joint deformity;
- periarthritis, extending to the shoulder girdle and shoulder blades.
Dolgit cream and its analogues have a very good help in receiving various kinds of injuries when a person experiences severe pain. Expressed pain syndrome can be "removed" after several doses of the drug.
Due to its low systemic absorption, Dolgit has a limited list of contraindications. Drug is forbidden to be used at:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- presence of open wounds, ulcers and other injuries on the area of the body intended for treatment
- eczema, psoriasis and other infectious pathologies of the skin;
- idiosyncrasy ibuprofen or excipients;
hypersensitivity to other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Contraindications to the use of Dolgit cream apply to children under 12 years of age. For the gel the minimum age is 1 year.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Manufacturers of the drug consider it impossible to use both gel and cream Dolgit during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
However, in the practice of gynecologists and therapists, gel and dolgit cream are used, but with the observance of precautionary measures and in those cases where the use of the drug will bring more benefits than the expected, theoretical harm.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Dolgit should be used externally.
- A strip of cream with a length of 5-10 cm is applied on the skin in the area of the painful area and carefully rubbed with light movements until the drug is completely absorbed 2-3 times / day. The course of treatment should not exceed 10 days without consulting a doctor.
- A strip of gel with a length of 5-10 cm is applied on the skin in the painful area and carefully rubbed with light movements until complete absorption of the drug 3-4 times / day. The gel should not be applied under covering, air-tight dressings. In severe cases, it is recommended to combine local therapy with oral administration of NSAIDs.
The duration of therapy with Dolgit depends on the severity of the disease and the nature of the damage.
Long-term, as a rule, well tolerated by patients. In some cases, the local application of ibuprofen noted the development of irritation, redness and swelling at the site of application of the drug.
Mostly patients with individual intolerance to ibuprofen and other non-narcotic analgesics may develop bronchospasm. We can not exclude the development of systemic undesirable effects of ibuprofen with prolonged use of the drug on large areas of the skin.
In rare cases, the drug Dolgit may cause the development of photosensitivity.
With the development of side effects should stop using the drug Dolgit and consult a doctor who will select an alternative means.
Cases of overdose Dolgit cream is not described due to extremely low values of systemic absorption of the drug through the skin. In case of ingestion of the cream in the gastrointestinal tract, it is necessary to clear the stomach (by inducing vomiting, taking activated carbon) and consult a doctor.
In the future, symptomatic therapy can be carried out in the presence of indications for it.
- The gel form can be used in children over the age of 1 year.
- Cream-like dolbit should not be used in children under 12 years of age without consulting a doctor.
- The drug should not be applied to an open wound surface, damaged skin or mucous membranes (avoid contact with eyes).
- With the ineffectiveness of therapy should consult a doctor.
- In severe cases, it is recommended to combine local therapy with the intake of NSAIDs.
You should consult with your doctor before applying Dolgit cream if other medicines are used.
The external use of ibuprofen revealed no interactions with other drugs.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Dolgit:
- Oksana. I put on my long joint joints on my fingers and the pain disappeared in an hour, but I have known about this ointment for a long time and using it all the time. It helps!
- Marina. My husband had a severe dislocation of the foot, edema. Friends-athletes have recommended to use "Dolgit". The cream is easily absorbed, however, the smell is not very pleasant. The effect of improvement was the next day. The edema began to subside, the pain became less. But until complete recovery applied another week. Sometimes in small doses I lubricate the bruises after training the child. I know that it is impossible. But before the competition it is necessary to quickly restore the damage. And the cream easily copes with it.
- Karina. A husband at a fairly early age, diagnosed with acute sciatica. In the hospital, he was assigned Dolgit. Smeared according to the instructions, observing all the rules. The use of the drug gave him nothing. The pain did not take off at all. We understood that this cream relieves only minor pain. What is the drug stronger?
By analogy cream Dolgit include drugs:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store the drug should be no more than 36 months from the date of manufacture. The optimal temperature for storing the drug Dolgit is 20 degrees.