Ibuprofen - antipyretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory drug.
Indications for use - various inflammatory processes caused by exposure to inflammatory prostaglandins. The preparation contains two complementary molecules that block negative modifications of arachidonic acid metabolites.
On this page you will find all the information about Ibuprofen: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Ibuprofen tablets. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a doctor's prescription.
How much does ibuprofen cost? The average price in pharmacies is at 25 rubles.
Release form and composition
Ibuprofen tablets are round, smooth, biconvex white.
- Each tablet contains 200 mg or 400 mg of active ingredient.
- Excipients - magnesium stearate, talc, lactose, potato starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, Povidone 25.
10, 20 and 100 pieces per pack.
The active ingredient of the drug is ibuprofen, a derivative of phenylpropionic acid.
Ibuprofen is most effective for inflammatory pain. The antipyretic effect is quite close to acetylsalicylic acid. It inhibits the adhesion of platelets, improves microcirculation and reduces the intensity of inflammation. When applied externally, Ibuprofen as an ointment has a strong analgesic effect, reducing redness, morning stiffness and swelling.
The drug is included in the list of the most important medicines of the World Health Organization, its efficacy and safety has been studied and clinically tested.
Indications for use
What helps Ibuprofen tablets? The main indications for prescribing the drug are:
- Inflammatory diseases of the spine and joints (including rheumatoid and rheumatoid arthritis, deforming osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gouty arthritis).
- Moderate or weak pain syndrome of different origin (including migraine, headache, myalgia of non-rheumatic and rheumatic origin, toothache, postoperative pain, neuralgia, primary algomenorrhea, pain in the throat and in the ears, post-traumatic pain).
- Feverish syndrome in infectious and "cold" diseases.
- erosive and ulcerative changes of the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum, active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- renal failure (CC less than 30 ml / min), progressive kidney disease;
- confirmed hyperkalemia;
- hemophilia and other bleeding disorders (including hypocoagulation), hemorrhagic diathesis;
- in the period after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- pregnancy (III trimester);
- inflammatory bowel disease in the acute phase, including ulcerative colitis;
- anamnestic data on the attack of bronchial obstruction, rhinitis, urticaria after taking acetylsalicylic acid or another nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (complete or incomplete intolerance syndrome of acetylsalicylic acid - rhinosinusitis, urticaria, polyps of the nasal mucosa, bronchial asthma);
- liver failure or active liver disease;
- children age: up to 6 years and from 6 to 12 years (with a body weight less than 20 kg) - for tablets 200 mg; up to 12 years - for 400 mg tablets;
- hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients that make up the drug.
With care: advanced age, congestive heart failure, cerebrovascular diseases, arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, dyslipidemia / hyperlipidemia, diabetes mellitus, peripheral artery disease, nephrotic syndrome, QA less than 30-60 ml / min, hyperbilirubinemia, stomach ulcer and heart rate, and iridal ulcer and heart disease; intestines (in history), Helicobacter pylori infections, gastritis, enteritis, colitis, long-term use of NSAIDs, blood diseases of unknown etiology (leukopenia and anemia), pregnancy (I-II) trimester, n Lactation period, smoking, frequent alcohol use (alcoholism), severe somatic diseases, concomitant therapy with the following drugs: anticoagulants (for example, warfarin), antiplatelet agents (for example, acetylsalicylic acid; clopidogrel), oral glucocorticosteroids (for example, prednisolone); serotonin (for example, citalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Ibuprofen is the drug of choice for pain and heat during pregnancy, since during this period of time it is safer for a woman’s body than most other analgesics and antipyretics.
In the first 2 trimesters of pregnancy, it does not adversely affect the development of the fetus, does not provoke bleeding (unlike aspirin), and does not create a threat of miscarriage.
Ibuprofen is contraindicated in the last trimester of pregnancy.
First, the drug inhibits the contraction of the muscles of the uterus. Secondly, its use can cause closure of the Botallova duct and the development of pulmonary hypertension in a child. Thirdly, the drug has the ability to block the hormones responsible for the generic process.
Ibuprofen during breastfeeding does not affect the quality and secretion of milk, so it can be used to treat nursing women.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that ttbletki should be swallowed with water, preferably during or after a meal. Do not take more than 4 hours.
- Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: 200 mg tablets 3-4 times a day; in tablets of 400 mg 2-3 times a day. The daily dose is 1200 mg (do not take more than 6 tablets of 200 mg (or 3 tablets of 400 mg) for 24 hours.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old (weighing more than 20 kg): 1 tablet of 200 mg, no more than 4 times / day. The interval between taking pills for at least 6 hours
The course of treatment without consulting a doctor should not exceed 5 days. If symptoms persist, consult a physician. Do not exceed the specified dose!
There are several side effects in different spectra of the body that you should pay attention to:
- common problems - fatigue and malaise;
- in the gastrointestinal tract - ulcers and intestinal disorders, flatulence, dyspepsia;
- immune function - hypersensitivity, asthma, anaphylaxis;
- renal system - organ dysfunction, nephropathy and nephritis;
- blood and lymphatic system - leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia;
- infectious nature - meningitis, rhinitis in the presence of autoimmune disorders;
- the senses - problems with vision, hearing, noise sensations, dizziness;
- cardiovascular activity - edema, fluid retention problems, insufficiency;
- CNS - anxiety and sleep problems, prolonged depression, neuritis, pain in the head, drowsiness.
Compliance and taking into account these factors ensures quick recovery. Information about the drug ibuprofen, instructions for use of the tablet, price, reviews, analogues are given for informational purposes.
If the daily or single dose of Ibuprofen is exceeded, the following symptoms occur:
- metabolic acidosis;
- acute renal failure;
- lowering blood pressure;
- rapid or slow heartbeat;
- pain in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting;
- lethargy, drowsiness, depression;
- headache, tinnitus;
- atrial fibrillation and respiratory arrest.
Under these conditions, treatment is applied:
- gastric lavage (effective for the first hour after taking the medicine);
- activated carbon (used to reduce the absorption of drugs in the gastrointestinal tract);
- alkaline drinking and forced diuresis;
- symptomatic therapy (monitor blood pressure, heart rate and general condition).
When the first steps are taken, it is necessary to seek qualified assistance and call the ambulance brigade.
- With long-term use, it is necessary to control the pattern of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver and kidneys.
- If necessary, determine the 17-ketosteroids drug should be canceled 48 hours before the study.
- To reduce the risk of adverse events from the gastrointestinal tract, a minimum effective dose should be used. When symptoms of gastropathy appear, close monitoring is shown, including esophagogastroduodenoscopy, a blood test with hemoglobin and hematocrit, and fecal occult blood analysis.
During the period of treatment should refrain from alcohol intake and activities that require high concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
- Caffeine enhances the analgesic effect of ibuprofen;
- When interacting with serotonin reuptake blockers, the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding increases;
- When treating with inducers of microsomal oxidation, the risk of intoxication increases;
- Ibuprofen is not recommended while taking other NSAIDs at the same time;
- When administered with anticoagulants, the risk of bleeding increases;
- Barbiturates and preparations with ethanol increase the concentration of ibuprofen in the blood plasma;
- Reduces the effect of vasodilators, furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide;
- Increases the activity of antiplatelet agents, indirect anticoagulants, fibrinolitikov, hypoglycemic drugs and insulin, sulfonylurea derivatives;
- With simultaneous treatment with cephalosporins, the frequency of hypoprothrombinemia increases, the risk of nephrotoxic and hepatotoxic effects increases;
- Kolestiramin and antacids reduce the absorption of ibuprofen.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Ibuprofen:
- Larisa. Previously, from pain in the stomach, Nurofen used the advice of a friend and I was completely satisfied with the effectiveness of the drug. After the pharmacy in the pharmacy advised to take a more affordable and equally effective Ibuprofen. Since that time I have been drinking it from headaches, menstrual pains, and toothaches. The side effects of the tool does not give me.
- Igor Ibuprofen, Paracetamol and other anti-inflammatory drugs help me equally well. The only difference between the first and other means is the reaction rate. So, if you drink these pills, it becomes better after an hour. Paracetamol needs more time to act. For the price, both drugs are budget and available to anyone.
- Victor. Very strong drug. There was a temperature of 40, fever, delirium, put on his feet for 3 doses, but it immediately became clear that you shouldn’t eat sweets and treat with the minimum possible dose. I also noticed his influence on perception, it has a slight intoxicating effect, it is very soothing and leaves only pleasant memories from the reception (something akin to a narcotic effect, it is difficult to drive the car after it has been taken). Personally, I noticeably hit the kidneys, and therefore, personally for myself, I concluded that it should be washed down abundantly with water. Very pleased with the price and the ability to replace expensive drugs such as theraflu or pentaflucin. I made a choice for myself, in the case of an irrigation or flu treatment I will undergo ibuprofen, it's worth it.
Finding bad reviews about Ibuprofen in pills, candles or syrup, perhaps, is impossible. The drug is considered as an effective and fairly safe means.
Its advantages are:
- low price;
- quick effect;
- possibility of use for the treatment of pregnant women and children of any age;
a large number of dosage forms (this allows you to correctly select the minimum effective dose).
As minuses in the reviews usually mention the presence of contraindications and the risk of development of side effects characteristic of NSAIDs.
Analogues on the active ingredient are the following drugs:
- Mig 400;
- Is long;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug is recommended to keep in places with low humidity at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
The shelf life of tablets is 3 years. Keep out of the reach of children!