Complivit Calcium D3 - a combined tool that regulates the exchange of calcium, phosphorus.
It is designed for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In addition, the drug helps to strengthen teeth, nails, hair.
On this page you will find all the information about Complivit D3 calcium: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Complivit Calcium D3. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug regulating the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Complivit D3 calcium cost? The average price in pharmacies is 150 rubles.
Release form and composition
Complivit Calcium D3 is available in the form of round chewable tablets with a porous, rough surface with different flavors (mint, orange). Form - biconvex. Tablets of white and cream color with single gray splashes.
- One tablet Complivit Calcium D3 contains calcium carbonate 1.25 (500 mg Ca) g and cholecalciferol 5 μg (200 IU).
- Additional substances: starch, lactose, povidone, croscarmellose, citric acid, magnesium stearate, ac destam, flavoring.
For children, the drug is available in powder form in dark bottles of 43 g.
Combined product, whose action is due to its constituent components. It regulates calcium and phosphate metabolism, reduces resorption and increases bone density, compensates for the lack of calcium and colecalciferol (vitamin D3) in the body, enhances calcium absorption in the intestines and reabsorption of phosphates in the kidneys, promotes bone mineralization.
- Colecalciferol promotes the absorption of calcium in the intestine, the formation and mineralization of bone and dental tissue.
- Calcium is involved in the formation of bone tissue, blood coagulation, in maintaining stable cardiac activity, in the implementation of the processes of transmission of nerve impulses.
The use of calcium and colecalciferol prevents the increase in the production of parathyroid hormone, which is a stimulator of increased bone resorption.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions for use Complivit Calcium D3 is used with a deficiency in the body of the macrocell Ca, vitamin D3. This condition is manifested by the following symptoms:
- emotional disorders;
- general weakness;
- nervous tension;
- brittle bones;
- frequent fractures;
- violation of the integrity of the skin;
- sleep disorders.
The drug is often prescribed to older people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system, as well as pregnant and lactating women. Other indications:
- osteoporosis and its prevention;
- bone fractures;
- intensive physical development of children from 12 years;
- osteomalacia (insufficient mineralization of bone tissue) in patients from 45 years;
- hypocalcemia (low blood calcium levels), including during dieting with no dairy products.
The drug can not be used if there is:
- Chronic kidney disease;
- Urolithiasis disease;
- Individual hypersensitivity to the components;
- Active form of tuberculosis;
- Decalcified tumors (with myeloma, presence of bone metastasis, saroidosis);
- Violation of the metabolism of amino acids (in the drug has aspartame);
- Children's age (younger than 3 years);
- Excess content of vitamin D3;
- Osteoporosis caused by immobilization;
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
During pregnancy, the daily dose should not exceed 1500 mg of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D3.
Vitamin D and its metabolites can be excreted in breast milk.
Overdose during pregnancy can lead to impaired mental and physical development of the child.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Complivit D3 calcium should be taken orally, preferably with meals. Tablets chewed or swallowed whole.
- Adults in the treatment of osteoporosis prescribe 1 tab. 2-3 times / day, for the prevention of osteoporosis - 1 tab. 2 times / day.
- With a deficiency of calcium and vitamin D3, adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 1 tab. 1-2 times / day; children from 5 to 12 years old - 1-2 tablets per day; for children from 3 to 5 years, the doctor sets the dose individually.
- diarrhea syndrome;
- stomach pains;
- increased gas formation;
Allergic responses are rarely recorded.
In case of drug overdose, the following undesirable effects can be observed - weakness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, thirst, polyuria, constipation, dizziness, headache, fainting, coma; with prolonged use - calcification of blood vessels and tissues.
Treatment: the introduction into the body of a significant amount of fluid, the use of loop diuretics (eg, furosemide), calcitonin, glucocorticosteroids, bisphosphonates.
With the development of clinical reactions of overdose, it is necessary to determine the concentration of creatinine and calcium in the blood. In the case of elevated concentrations of calcium or creatinine in the serum, it is recommended to reduce the dose of the drug or temporarily discontinue therapy.
- In older people, the need for calcium is 1500 mg / day, in colecalciferol - 500-1000 IU / day.
- Complivit Calcium D3 contains aspartame, which in the body is transformed into phenylalanine, so the drug should not be prescribed to patients suffering from phenylketonuria.
- In order to avoid overdosing, it is necessary to consider the additional intake of colecalciferol from other sources.
- During treatment, it is necessary to constantly monitor the excretion of calcium in the urine and the concentration of calcium and creatinine in the blood plasma. In case of occurrence of calciuria, exceeding 7.5 mmol / day (300 mg / day), it is necessary to reduce the dose or stop taking the drug.
In case of joint treatment with this vitamin preparation and cardiac glycosides, regular monitoring of the patient's condition with the help of an ECG is needed. Calcium intake can enhance the toxic and therapeutic effects of glycosides. To prevent a decrease in the absorption of drugs with sodium fluoride or bisphosphonates, it is recommended that they be taken for 2 hours after ingestion before consuming a vitamin preparation.
Complivit is able to increase the absorption from the gastrointestinal tract of tetracycline, so it is necessary to observe the interval of 3 hours between taking these medications. At the same time taking Complivit calcium vitamin D3 and phenytoin or barbiturates leads to a decrease in the action of the latter. In the treatment of glucocorticosteroids, the dose of the drug will have to be increased, since they reduce the absorption of Ca.
The risk of developing hypercalcemia occurs when a drug is taken with a thiazide diuretic. And the joint use of furosemide, "loop" diuretics leads to an increase in calcium output by the kidneys. Laxatives based on vegetable, mineral oil, cholestyramine preparations reduce the absorption of vitamin D3 by the stomach. Consider these features of a combination of drugs when using them.
We picked up some reviews of people taking Complivit D3 calcium:
- Larisa. I am a young nursing mother, I drink Calcium D3 Complivit according to the instructions of the supervising doctor. Replacing the lack of vitamins and nutrients in my body, this wonderful tool strengthens my nails and hair. I am very pleased.
- Artem. We throw a tablet of calcium D3 in a glass, with a small amount of warm water, and pour half a gram of citric acid there. After the reaction of the release of carbon dioxide and dissolving the tablet, we get calcium citrate. The bioavailability of calcium citrate, especially for the elderly, is several times higher.
- Anna. Began to take “Complie calcium D3” on the recommendation of your doctor. Appealed to her with complaints of the fragility of the nails. Noticed it after leaving the decree. Previously, such a problem never happened, the nails were strong and not brittle. The doctor explained to me that after pregnancy and lactation this is common, the lack of calcium in the body leads to brittle nails and not only. She also explained that many products wash out calcium, such as coffee, and I love it very much. After a course of taking vitamins, I noticed that the nail plate was noticeably stronger and more elastic and stopped completely breaking.
- Irina. I tried Complivit 45+ for women, reviews of doctors about which I read on the Internet. Already after the first week of taking vitamins, the condition improved markedly, the bones and joints ceased to hurt constantly. For myself, I chose a method of application - tablets 2 times a day. The action of vitamins suits me completely.
Analogues of Complivit Calcium D3 Forte are: Calcium D3 Classic, Calcium-D3 Nikomed Forte, Calcium-D3-MIC, Complivit calcium D3, Natekal D3, Natemilla.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The complex is suitable for use for 2 years. Keep in a dark place, away from light and heat, out of the reach of children. The optimum temperature is up to 25 ° C.