Rinonorm is a nasal dosed drug that eliminates hyperemia and swelling of nasopharyngeal tissues - the main manifestations of rhinitis and pathologies of the upper respiratory tract.
The tool has a vasoconstrictor effect and is widely used in otolaryngology. First of all, it is prescribed to combat the symptoms of inflammation of the respiratory tract, allergies, sinusitis and other diseases associated with impaired respiratory tract, which leads to a runny nose and nasal congestion.
The effect and therapeutic effect of the drug Rinonorm become noticeable within a few minutes after use. On average, a symptomatic result — nasal breathing relief — lasts at least 6 hours. At this point, the patient notes a general improvement in well-being, the absence of signs of rhinitis.
Vasoconstrictor drug for local use in the ENT practice.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Rinonorm in pharmacies? The average price is 190 rubles.
Composition and release form
Rinonorm is available in the following forms:
- Spray nasal dispensed 0.1%: transparent, colorless (15 ml each in dark glass bottles, in a carton box one bottle with a nozzle for the nose and a dosing device);
- Spray nasal dispensed 0.05% (for children): transparent, colorless (15 ml in dark glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle with a nozzle and a dosing device).
Content of 1 ml nasal spray:
- Active ingredient: xylometazoline hydrochloride - 0.5 or 1.0 mg;
- Auxiliary components: sodium citrate dihydrate, 85% glycerol, citric acid monohydrate, water for injection.
Rinonorm in its clinical and pharmacological group is an alpha adrenergic mimic, which is used to treat ENT diseases.
When used locally, xylometazoline contributes to narrowing of the arterioles, reducing swelling and hyperemia of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx, and reducing secretion. Already after 5-10 minutes after local use of the drug, a clear effect is manifested, which persists for several hours.
The use of the drug allows you to quickly restore the patency of the nasal passages, Eustachian tubes and sinus openings. Due to the restoration of air flow in the nasopharynx, an improvement in the patient’s well-being also occurs. The use of Rinonorm in ENT diseases, reduces the risk of possible complications that occur with prolonged stagnation of mucous secretions.
Indications for use
What helps? Rinonorm is used as part of symptomatic therapy for:
- acute viral and bacterial rhinitis;
- allergic rhinitis;
- acute and exacerbated chronic sinusitis;
- acute otitis media (for removal of edema of the mucous membrane of the Eustachian tube);
- preparing the patient for examination of the nasal passages.
The absolute contraindications for the use of Rinonorm are:
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- atrophic rhinitis;
- the process of recovery after hypophysectomy;
- intolerance to xylometazoline or other substances in the composition of the drug;
- age less than 2 years (for children's spray);
- age less than 10 years (for a drug for adults).
Caution is required when using Rinonorm if a person takes bromocriptine or suffers from hypertension, severe heart disease, hyperthyroidism, or diabetes.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Although the list of contraindications for these drops of pregnancy and lactation does not appear, gynecologists do not recommend using the spray during this period of time.
However, this does not stop some women, and they continue to use the drug, leaving good reviews during pregnancy.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use before using the drug should release the nasal passages from the secret. During the introduction of the drug should take a light breath through the nose. The amount of fluid entering the patient's nasal passage (1 dose) is 0.14 ml of solution.
- Adults and children over 10 years prescribe Rinonorm nasal spray 0.1% for 1 dose (1 pressure on the piston unit) in each nasal passage no more than 3 times / day.
- Children aged 2 to 10 years prescribe Rinonorm spray nasal for children 0.05% for 1 dose (1 pressure on the piston unit) in each nasal passage no more than 3 times / day.
The maximum you can use the drug no more than 7 times / day. The interval between the introduction of the drug should not be less than 6 hours.
In order to avoid complications in the form of renewed symptoms of the disease, the duration of continuous use of the drug should not exceed 7 days.
The use of the drug Rinonorm may cause the following side effects:
- on the part of the central nervous system: headache, weakness, fatigue and insomnia;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, palpitations, increased blood pressure;
- swelling, burning and dryness of the mucous membranes of the nose, reactive hyperemia.
Prolonged use of Rinonorm can lead to the development of medical rhinitis, which turns into atrophy with the formation of scabs on the mucous membranes of the nose.
Spray nasal Rinonorm has a vasoconstrictor effect, which complicates the absorption of large quantities of the drug. However, to say that overdose is unlikely is also not true. Most often it happens in children with non-compliance with the number of procedures or abundant instillation of funds. Intoxication manifests itself in the form of:
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
To eliminate intoxication, symptomatic therapy is prescribed under medical supervision. In severe cases, use drugs to reduce blood pressure, intubation and mechanical ventilation. If the nasal solution is accidentally swallowed, then you will need to flush the stomach, take sorbents and laxatives.
Influences on ability of driving of transport and on control of cars and mechanisms are not noted.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous use of tri- or tetracyclic antidepressants may increase the systemic effects of xylometazoline.
At the same time taking the drug with MAO inhibitors may increase the risk of blood pressure.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rinonorm:
- Julia. I really liked this drug, very quickly eliminates nasal congestion and as written in the instructions for 6-8 hours. I tried on a child who has acute sinusitis and adenoids in the entire nasal passage, they taper straight and breathe easier.
- Dasha. As the first colds came, the son fell ill, and then a cold passed over to my husband and me. We were cured by the whole family with the help of Rinonorm. The drug is affordable, it has a convenient "nose" that needs to be inserted into the nostril to spray the medication. The jet "diverges", so for 1 injection it irrigates all the internal space. Feelings of dry mucous does not occur. Rinonorm helps to completely beat the runny nose in 2-3 days.
- Irina. The child had a cold, and his nose became very clogged. A pharmacist advised to buy Rinonorm drops for release from mucus. They buried only at night to avoid complications, and the next times, when the ARD was delayed, an interval was made every 2 days. In parallel with it, we drip Sinupret, which at least does not help breathe easily, but treats well.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Grippostad Reno;
- For carrying;
- Dr. Theiss Nazolin;
- Dr. Theiss Rinotaiss;
- Asterisk noz;
- Xymelin Eco with menthol;
- Nosolin Balsam;
- Sanorin Xylo;
- Suprima NOZ;
- Tizin Xylo;
- Tizin Xylo Bio;
- Evkazolin Aqua;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep out of reach of children, not exceeding 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years, after the first opening of the bottle - 1 year.