Stomatofit - a drug with active anti-inflammatory action.
High efficiency, several types for the treatment of various diseases, extracts of medicinal herbs in the composition of the solution, an acceptable price ensured the drug a stable popularity.
In its composition, the drug contains extracts of a wide variety of medicinal herbs with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent effects: arnica, peppermint, thyme, oak bark, chamomile flowers, sage leaves and calamus rhizomes.
Phytopreparation with anti-inflammatory action for local use in dentistry.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Stomatofit in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 230 rubles.
Composition and release form
Dosage form - extract for local use (liquid): brown, has a characteristic odor, during storage a slight precipitate and turbidity can form (45, 50, 100 or 120 ml each in dark glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle with a measuring cup complete set).
The active substances in the composition of 100 mg of extract (extraction of a mixture of plant materials 70% ethyl alcohol in the ratio 65/100):
- Arnica Herb - 6.5 mg;
- calamus rhizomes - 6.5 mg;
- peppermint leaves - 6.5 mg;
- sage leaves medicinal - 13 mg;
- oak bark - 13 mg;
- common thyme herb - 6.5 mg;
- Chamomile flowers - 13 mg.
There are three types of drugs on the market:
- Stomatofit A. Due to the content of anesthesin, it is used as an anesthetic and for the treatment of damaged places on the mucosa by lubrication.
- Stomatofit Fresh. Its purpose is to daily treat the oral cavity to prevent, strengthen the teeth and gums and ensure the freshness of breath. Does not contain alcohol. Allowed to children from 14 years.
- Stomatofit Fresh children. Practically no different in purpose from the previous version. Does not contain alcohol. "Fresh" drug is designed for children from the age of six. It has anti-inflammatory properties, with the result that it can be used to treat the oral cavity.
The drug has the following effects on the body:
- Softening the mucosa.
- Acceleration of regeneration.
The solution for rinsing is distinguished among other preparations by the fact that it contains 7 strong medicinal plants that quickly reduce the patient's symptoms. Consider the action of each of them:
- Pharmaceutical camomile. Recent studies have shown that it is an effective plant for many diseases due to its composition. It contains essential oils and flavonoids, which provide a strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory result. Chamomile can be used as a prophylactic against pathogens of staphylococcus and streptococcus.
- Oak bark. Substances in this component have an astringent and hemostatic effect. Due to such properties, oak bark heals wounds well, fights against abscesses. After application, it lingers on the oral mucosa, creating a protective layer. As a result, the oak bark not only prevents the formation of bacteria, but also fights with the existing fungi and viruses. It is recommended to use it for the treatment of stomatitis, tonsillitis, gingivitis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Arnica flowers. They are rich in arnicin, which helps stop bleeding in the mouth. Also, this component is characterized by anti-inflammatory effect, which complements the action of sage and oak bark.
- Peppermint. The leaves of this plant are necessary for providing a deodorizing effect. In addition to dealing with stale breath, mint is a good antispasmodic. Therefore, it is used as an anesthetic for toothaches or gum disease. It helps with inflammations of the oral cavity and has a firming effect.
- Sage leaves. The essential oil and hydrocarbon complexes contained in them soften and heal ulcers, stop bleeding. Due to the interaction with the bark of the oak is achieved rapid removal of swelling and reduction of pain.
- Thyme ordinary. It is appreciated for its essential oils. They have a strong antibacterial effect. It has a slight anesthetic and refreshing effect.
- Calamus root It has a strong disinfecting effect. It also fights bacteria and stops the inflammatory process.
Suitable for the prevention of various diseases of the oral cavity. It perfectly strengthens the gums. If you use it daily, then the gums will stop bleeding. Many doctors leave good reviews about the drug and recommend it to their patients. The drug affects gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as Candida albicans.
Indications for use
Stomatofit and Stomatofit A are recommended for the treatment of patients with various inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity:
- serous inflammation of the tongue;
- zoonotic inflammation of the oral cavity;
- bleeding gums and periodontal disease;
- sero-purulent inflammation of the gums and oral cavity;
- deep or superficial periodontitis;
- fungal inflammation of the oral mucosa caused by yeast fungi.
The main contraindications to rinsing this tool according to the instructions are:
- Allergic reaction. To cause allergies to the drug can one of its components, namely chamomile. Due to its essential oils, rashes, burning and other allergic symptoms are possible in humans.
- Pregnancy. Stomatofit during pregnancy should be used very carefully. To compare the benefits and risks, determine the need to use should the doctor.
- Breastfeeding period. Some components of the herbal collection can adversely affect the production of milk.
- Age restrictions. Prohibited for children under 12 years, as it contains a large percentage of alcohol. Children's version of the drug is allowed to rinse with 6 years, as it does not contain alcohol.
Specific components, such as calamus and azarine aldehyde, also make stomatofit unsafe during pregnancy and for children. They have a strong smell and unpleasant taste. The body's response to them may be unpredictable.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
In pregnancy, these drugs are recommended to use only when there is a medical need.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use to make a solution, take a bottle, shake it, pour 1/5 cup of water, and then dissolve 10 milligrams in it. In this case, the water should be boiled and warm. Rinse your mouth for about a minute. The doctor must prescribe the patient the duration of use of the drug. But usually use the drug 3 or 4 times a day. The term is 14 days.
Stomatofit is perfect as a comprehensive tool for dental treatment. First, the doctor examines the teeth for the presence of complications of the deposition, and then, if necessary, removes them. Next, prescribe rinsing. The drug is used no more than 10 - 15 days, as it contains alcohol, acting on the mucous in a drying manner. The result is that stomatofit is used as prevention, but not curative.
Medicinal and prophylactic agents contain a minimum of ingredients that provoke negative reactions. Intolerance to the solution or mixture for applications is rarely noted. No negative interactions with other drugs have been identified.
Occasionally, side effects were observed:
- reversible darkening of enamel;
- immediately after rinsing a weak or strong burning sensation of the mucous membrane;
- itching, redness of the mucous membranes with increased tissue sensitivity.
In case of negative manifestations in the oral cavity, stop using Stomatofit, tell the doctor about negative reactions. The doctor will prescribe another agent with a lower concentration of active ingredients or a composition without alcohol.
If you apply the tincture according to a doctor’s plan, there will be no overdose.
If you accidentally use a significant amount of medication, you should immediately flush the stomach, take enterosorbent drugs and go to your doctor.
After rinsing the mouth with a solution of the drug should avoid eating or drinking water for 1 hour.
When storing the drug, a small amount of sediment is acceptable, before vial dilution, the vial should be vigorously shaken.
Interaction with other drugs
Data on the interaction of Stomatofit with other drugs / substances are not available.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Stomatofit:
- Vasiliy. I note that this drug is extremely good for stomatitis. I remember that I had problems with this sore and I note that I tried to apply caution using various methods and hot water with hot water and only vitamin B12;
- Maria. And now I bought myself just for the prevention Stomatofit fresh for rinsing. Good is also a remedy (like Stomatofit himself, I used it very effective in acute stomatitis). Moreover, make a rinse as a pharmaceutical tool under the pharmaceutical control. The gums are in excellent condition, there was a flight, a long way, no hygiene - but everything went without inflammations.
- Vlada. My child has a bad habit of nibbling a ballpoint pen during lessons. We are trying to fight it, but so far to no avail. Of course, the sterility of the handles leaves much to be desired, so the child often has stomatitis in the mouth. It helps the son very well from this disease, Children's Stomatofit Fresh, relieves the painful symptoms almost after the first use.
Currently, there are quite a few Stomatofit analogues on the market. It can be not only solutions, but also gels, ointments, lozenges and sprays, which are both cheaper and more expensive than this product. If you are allergic to Stomatofit, you can use such analogues as Chlorhexidine 0.05% solution or Cholisal gel.
Among other analogues of Stomatofit can distinguish the following drugs:
- Rotokan. Plant based solution. As part of Rotokan present calendula, chamomile and Yarrow pharmacy. Provides mucosal regeneration due to local antiseptic, hemostatic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Hexoral. Available in the form of tablets, intended for resorption, and aerosol. Up to 4 years is contraindicated. It is characterized by antimicrobial and local anesthetic action.
- Kamistad. The gel, which acts as an antiseptic, reduces inflammation and acts as an anesthetic. Up to 18 years is prohibited.
- Lugol. The drug, based on the composition of which is iodine. Produces an antiseptic effect. Undesirable use up to 5 years.
- Olazol. Combined tool. It has an antibacterial and antiseptic effect when applied to sores, provides tissue regeneration.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store in a dark place at a temperature up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.