Phosphogliv is a combination drug that has a membrane stabilizing, antiviral and hepatoprotective effect.
The drug helps to restore the cell membranes of liver cells, improves the natural flow of substances through them. It helps reduce the symptoms of inflammation and focal edema, inhibits the formation of negative metabolites. Used for the treatment of acute and chronic liver disease, occurring with the defeat of hepatocytes.
Phosphogliv is processed in the liver and excreted with feces with bile. Used primarily in adults. It does not cause side effects with prolonged use.
Hepatoprotector with immunomodulatory and antiviral effects.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Phosphogliv in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 550 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug comes in two forms:
- Capsules The capsule body is orange and the lid is black. Inside is a light powder with a faint yellow tint. There is a slight peculiar smell. Capsules are placed in 10 pieces in blisters. Blisters laid out in 5 cartons.
- Lyophilizate for on / in the introduction. Looks like a white or light yellow mass. It is placed in bottles of 2.5 g. Bottles of 5 or 10 pieces are laid out in cardboard boxes.
The composition of 1 capsule contains the active substances:
- Phospholipids (Lipoid C 80) (the main component - phosphatidylcholine 73-79% (based on 100% substance)) - 65 mg;
- Sodium glycyrrhizinate (glycyrrhizic acid trisodium salt) - 35 mg.
The composition of 1 bottle with a lyophilisate for the preparation of injection solution includes the active ingredients:
- Phospholipids (Lipoid C 100) - 500 mg;
- Sodium glycyrrhizinate (trisodium salt of glycyrrhizic acid) - 200 mg.
Phosphogliv or Phosphogliv Forte - which is better?
Often you can meet the question: what is the difference between Phosphogliv and Phosphoglv Forte? In fact, the composition of drugs is identical, if you look at the ingredients, the difference is only in the dosage of these substances.
It is impossible to say which of these drugs is better, since the dosage should be adjusted taking into account weight, age, diagnosis. Buy exactly the drug that was prescribed by your doctor.
Phosphogliv is a combined drug that has a membrane stabilizing, hepatoprotective and antiviral effect.
Phosphatidylcholine - the main structural element of the cellular and intracellular membranes, is able to restore their structure and function when damaged, providing a cytoprotective effect. Normalizes protein and lipid metabolism, prevents the loss of hepatocytes enzymes, restores liver detoxifying function, inhibits the formation of connective tissue, reduces the risk of fibrosis and cirrhosis of the liver.
Glycyrate has anti-inflammatory properties, inhibits the reproduction of viruses in the liver and other organs by stimulating the production of interferon, enhancing phagocytosis, increasing the activity of natural killer cells. It has a hepatoprotective effect. Potentiates the effects of endogenous glucocorticosteroids, anti-inflammatory and antiallergic effects in non-infectious lesions of the liver.
With skin lesions due to its membrane-stabilizing and anti-inflammatory properties, it limits the spread of the process and promotes regression of the disease.
Indications for use
What helps Phosphogliv? The drug Phosphogliv is used to treat the majority of pathological disorders of liver function, both infectious and non-infectious.
Indications for the use of the drug Phosphogliv are such diseases as:
- viral hepatitis A, B, C, D in acute and chronic forms;
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- liver damage as a result of drug use;
- hepatic failure in acute and chronic forms,
- intoxication of the body,
- liver damage on the background of chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, diabetes, tuberculosis;
- fatty hepatosis (fatty degeneration of the liver),
- alcoholic liver damage caused by alcoholism,
- medicinal lesions of the liver,
Lyophilisate and capsules significantly improve the synthetic function of the liver and qualitatively reduce the symptoms of liver failure. In this case, the drug has good tolerability and a favorable safety profile.
Contraindications for prescribing the drug are:
- Antifospolipid syndrome.
- Children under 12 years old (safety and efficacy data are not sufficient).
- Period of pregnancy and lactation.
- Increased individual sensitivity to phosphatidylcholine, glycyrrhizic acid or other auxiliary components of the drug.
Phosphogliv is prescribed with extreme caution in patients with portal and arterial hypertension.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Experience in the use of the drug Phosphogliv among pregnant women is absent or limited. Research on the safety of the drug for the fetus has not been conducted, so the capsules are not recommended for women during pregnancy.
It is not known whether the drug Phosphogliv is excreted in breast milk, and how this may affect the baby’s body. Given the lack of information about the safety of the drug, taking the phosphogliv capsules is not recommended for women during breastfeeding. If necessary, drug therapy should decide the issue of termination of lactation and transfer the child to artificial nutrition.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Phosphogliv taken orally during meals. Capsules should be swallowed without chewing, drinking a small amount of liquid.
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 2 caps. 3 times / day
Duration of use can be up to 6 months, on average - 3 months.
The use of injection solution can cause the following side effects:
- Allergic reactions: with hypersensitivity - skin rash (usually goes away without additional measures after discontinuation of therapy);
- Others (with the introduction of the drug in excess of the recommended daily doses): increased blood pressure (BP), edema, hypokalemia, fluid retention and sodium. If such disorders occur, it is recommended to reduce the daily dose of the drug and / or use a potassium-sparing diuretic - spironolactone, 50-100 mg per day (determined by the severity of side effects).
In the form of capsules Phosphogliv, as a rule, is well tolerated by patients, disorders develop in very rare cases, according to the results of post-registration observations - <1/10 000. During treatment, the following side effects may develop:
- Cardiovascular system: transient increase in blood pressure, peripheral edema;
- Gastrointestinal tract: abdominal discomfort, dyspepsia in the form of eructation, nausea, abdominal distention;
- Allergic reactions: conjunctivitis, cough, skin rash, difficulty in nasal breathing.
In case of occurrence of these disorders, you should stop treatment and consult with a specialist.
Cases of overdose with Phosphogliv were not registered, but the dose indicated in the instructions should not be intentionally increased in order to avoid the development of side effects.
When accidentally ingested a large number of capsules (more than 6 pieces at a time) should induce vomiting and give to take tablets of activated charcoal.
In the case of increased blood pressure should stop taking the drug and consult a doctor.
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interaction of the drug Phosphogliv is not described.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Phosphogliv:
- Tatyana. Hepatitis A was ill. The recovery period was long and painful - it was just terrible. I generally suffer from a state of nausea very bad and hard. some days could not even look at the food. seriously lost weight during recovery. Phosphogliv took several months, finally the symptoms passed towards the end of the second month of administration. Finished the drug for therapeutic effect. In fact, nothing bothered.
- Vera. After a course of antibiotics and a month spent in the hospital, I finally went home. But it was probably early to rejoice. Began to push the liver. The very next day I went to the doctor. She explained that the liver suffered because of antibiotics, prescribed a hepatoprotector. The pharmacy bought Phosphogliv, because it is inexpensive and, according to the pharmacist, should be a good help, because they take it perfectly. Bought, cut the course. Indeed, it became easier. Control tests confirmed this.
- Nastya. She took Phosphogliv. Has helped. A gastroenterologist wrote me out, a therapist sent me to her after complaints of discomfort on the right side of her side. At first, she did not attach much importance to this, but they did not pass and at times increased. Has passed analyzes, have made KT - have diagnosed a fatty dystrophy. She was treated with a diet, Phosphogliv, enrolled in the pool. I lost weight very well in three months. 🙂 A follow-up examination took place two weeks ago - liver enzymes almost returned to normal, repeated CT also showed that the liver is recovering. In a few months I will repeat the course, and diet and sports are with me now for a long time.
Hepatologists and infectious diseases physicians generally speak positively about Phosphogliv. Especially often it is prescribed in the complex therapy of hepatitis C, since the drug has a pronounced positive effect on the liver and significantly inhibits the activity of the reproduction of viruses. Japanese doctors prescribe Phosphogliv to all patients with hepatitis C before the start of antiviral therapy, because the drug in some cases even completely cures the disease and stops the reproduction of the virus. That is why hepatologists speak of Phosphogliv positively for hepatitis.
Also, doctors positively speak of Phosphogliv as a hepatoprotector, which is used for any lesions of the liver of toxic, drug or alcoholic origin, and for hepatosis. Under these conditions, the drug normalizes biochemical analyzes, the state of the liver, and also significantly improves the general well-being of a person. Doctors note that complex therapy of various liver diseases using Phosphogliv normalizes the condition of the organ more quickly than without using this hepatoprotector.
Dermatologists who use the drug in the treatment of various diseases of the skin, including psoriasis, speak positively about Phosphogliv. Many girls and women Phosphogliv helped get rid of pimples and acne, normalizing the state of the liver and increasing its ability to neutralize toxic substances.
Structural analogues of the active substance medicine Phosphogliv does not have.
Analogs for the therapeutic effect (hepatoprotectors):
- Alpha lipoic acid;
- Berlition 300;
- Berlition 600;
- Betaine citrate;
- Brenziale forte;
- Hepatofalk planta;
- Carsil Forte;
- Livolife Forte;
- Lipoic acid;
- Lipoid PPL 400;
- Lipoid C 100;
- Cut the Pro;
- Urso 100;
- Ursodeoxycholic acid;
- Phosphogliv Forte;
- Essentiale N;
- Essentiale forte H;
- Essential phospholipids;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Heptral or Phosphogliv?
According to the latest orders of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Phosphogliv is one of the standard drugs for the provision of specialized medical care for severe and moderately severe hepatitis C, as well as chronic hepatitis C. In turn, Heptral is not included in this list of drugs. Thus, it can be concluded that in chronic hepatitis C, as well as in severe and moderate severity of acute hepatitis C, Phosphogliv should be preferred.
At the same time, Heptral is a more effective drug for the treatment of ALD and toxic hepatitis. Therefore, when these diseases should prefer Heptral.
The rest of the drugs Heptral and Phosphogliv are comparable in effectiveness of therapeutic effects. Therefore, you can use any drug that for any subjective reasons more like a person. However, one should not forget that each person's body is individual, therefore one patient may well approach Heptral, and the other - on the contrary, Phosphogliv.
Phosphogliv or Essentiale?
Both Essentiale and Phosphogliv are hepatoprotectors, and contain phospholipids as active components. At the same time, Essentiale contains exclusively phospholipids, and Phosphogliv also contains glycyrrhizic acid. By its chemical structure, this acid is a steroid saponin, that is, it is similar in structure to the hormones of the human adrenal cortex.
However, this difference in the composition of drugs is not always a criterion for choosing one of them. The organism of each person is unique, and Phosphogliv is better suited to one patient, and Esscentale to another. Therefore, before choosing a hepatoprotector and its dosage, you should consult with your doctor.
It should also be noted that Essentiale contains lipid peroxidation products, while Phosphogliv does not contain these compounds.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children.
- Capsules - 3 years at temperatures up to 25 ° C;
- Lyophilisate for the preparation of injection solution - 2 years at temperatures up to 20 ° C.