Holisal gel is a modern combined preparation for treating the oral cavity.
The tool has anti-inflammatory, active antimicrobial, good analgesic effect. The ingredients of the gel destroy pathogenic bacteria and pathogenic fungi on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. Cholisal exhibits antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, aseptic activity. After applying this product with a pleasant aniseed aroma, pain, burning and cramps disappear.
In contrast to the ointment, the dental gel Holisal is well fixed on the mucous surface of the oral cavity, is not exposed to saliva, penetrates deep into the soft tissue and has a therapeutic effect for a long time. This makes it possible not to apply the product several times and significantly reduce the dosage.
The drug with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects for local use in dentistry.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Holisal in pharmacies? The average price is at 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
Dental gel has the appearance of a homogeneous, transparent mass, does not contain dyes. Anise seed oil gives the composition a characteristic odor.
Active substances per 1 g of drug gel:
- tsetalkoniya chloride - the amount of 100 mg. Effective antiseptic, detrimental effect on viruses, colonies of pathogenic fungi, pathogenic bacteria;
- choline salicylate - the amount of 87.1 mg. The substance actively penetrates the tissues, has antipyretic, local anti-inflammatory effect, reduces pain. Pronounced antimycotic and antimicrobial effect on pathogens in alkaline / acidic environment.
- the preparation is packaged in aluminum tubes;
- the volume of the drug - 10 g;
- Holisal is valid for three years;
- storage conditions - at temperatures up to +25 C, in a place where children do not get;
- the remedy is produced by Elf FZ, Poland.
The tool belongs to a group of drugs with analgesic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects. Cholisal is used for local application in the field of dentistry. A distinctive feature of the tool is that Holisal undergoes extremely rapid absorption. This is due to local application in the oral cavity. The high level of absorption is due to the application of the medication directly to the mucosa.
Anesthesia begins 2-4 minutes after the initial application of the gel. The duration of the effect is on average from 2 to 8 hours.
The drug suspends cyclooxygenase activity, the formation of interleukin-1, inhibits the functionality of neutrophils and macrophages, and also significantly reduces the level of prostaglandin synthesis. Being in an alkaline environment or in an environment with high acidity, the tool has pronounced antipyretic and antifungal effects. Cetalconium chloride exhibits an effective antiseptic effect against a variety of viruses, bacterial microorganisms and fungi. Gel base containing ethyl alcohol allows the tool to hold the active elements on the surface of the mucous membranes for a long time, ensuring the fastest possible achievement of the therapeutic effect.
Cholisal gel does not contain sugar and does not have a local irritant effect, which is a significant advantage compared to other similar means.
Indications for use
Holisal dental product is used in many negative processes in the oral cavity as an anti-inflammatory, analgesic with a noticeable antimicrobial effect.
The combined drug is recommended for the following pathologies and conditions:
- complex therapy of affected areas with Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- oral candidiasis;
- violation of the integrity of individual areas when wearing braces and orthopedic structures;
- lichen planus with signs of mucosal pathology;
- various forms of stomatitis;
- inflammation of the gums of a different nature;
- mucosal injury.
The drug has a limited list of contraindications, which include:
- hypersensitivity to the components that make up the drug;
- children's age up to one year.
With caution and strictly prescribed by a physician should be used Cholisal during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Experience with the use of Holisal during pregnancy is limited, however, in the course of the experimental studies, no embryotoxic or teratogenic effect of the gel was established. Before you start using the drug should always consult with your doctor.
The use of Holisal gel during breastfeeding is possible after consulting a doctor. A nursing mother may not interrupt lactation, however, you should carefully monitor the child's reaction to the use of the gel. If any adverse reactions appear in the infant, the use of Holisal should be discontinued.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Holisal gel is applied topically 2-3 times per day before meals (for the purpose of pain relief) or after meals and before bedtime. A 1 cm long gel strip for adults and 0.5 cm for children is squeezed onto a clean finger and rubbed with light massaging movements into the affected area of the oral mucosa.
In case of periodontal diseases, the gel should be laid in the gum pockets or applied as compresses, or gently rub into the gums 1-2 times / day.
Sometimes after applying the medication to the mucous membrane, there may be a burning and tingling sensation. It passes within a few minutes. Also, various allergic reactions are possible.
Cholisal gel intoxication is almost impossible due to the low level of systemic absorption of the elements that make up the drug.
Despite this, you should avoid increased dosages of the funds while taking other analgesic or anti-inflammatory drugs, in order to avoid the manifestation of negative symptoms.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The drug does not contain sugar.
- The drug should be used only for local use.
- At the first signs of side effects, the patient should immediately contact your doctor.
Compatibility with other drugs
With the use of Cholisal in doses significantly higher than recommended, it is possible to enhance the effects of other simultaneously used anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic agents.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Holisal gel:
- Diana. Smeared with cholisal bites, which are often formed in the corners of my mouth, stopped hurting on the same day, and the bites themselves passed literally in a few days, although earlier this bjaka could last for weeks and took nothing.
- Nastya. For a long time looking for counterparts Holisal cheaper. I use the gel very often, as I wear dental pads. It helps very well, but the price bites. The same efficacy with lower cost could not be found.
- Masha. It should not be cheap, but we didn’t notice any improvements when teething a son’s son when it was used. The child slept badly and ate, and continued to do so. When she told the doctor that she was not helping, she advised me to try another dentokind. I bought it and could not get enough of it, because when I started to give it, my son began to eat and eat as before and became calm. It turns out not only inflammation and pain relieves, but also calms the child, as we had.
Analogs for the therapeutic effect (treatment for gingivitis):
- Anti-Angin Formula;
- Metrogil Dent;
- Novosept Forte;
- Solcoseryl Dental Adhesive Paste;
- Theraflu LAR;
- Tinidazole Acre;
- Vervex from sore throat;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
It is recommended to keep the tube with gel in a cool place out of the reach of children. The shelf life of the drug is indicated on the tube and is 2 years from the date of use.
Do not use Holisal Gel after its expiration date.