Cycloferon is a domestic antiviral immunomodulatory drug, the active substance in which meglumine acridone acetate acts.
As an inducer of endogenous interferon, the drug has a wide range of pharmacological activity. In the Russian pharmaceutical market, it has been present for about 20 years, having proven itself over this time as an effective, but not easy to use, tool that requires a certain amount of knowledge and practical experience from a doctor.
Cycloferon is a promising biofunctional drug with a wide range of pharmacological effects, allowing it to be used both in the treatment and prevention of viral diseases. Due to its good tolerability, it is successfully used in pediatrics, as well as in elderly patients.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antiviral and immunomodulatory drugs. Inductor of interferon synthesis.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Cycloferon in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 220 rubles.
Composition and release form
The tool is available in tablets, there is also a solution, liniment Cycloferon. Drops, candles and other forms of drugs are not available. What kind of release should be used for treatment, the doctor determines.
- The solution Cycloferon contains acridone-acetic acid as an active ingredient, and the composition of the solution includes auxiliary substances: a stabilizing and salt-forming additive, water for injection.
- Cycloferon tablets contain acridone acetic acid as an active ingredient. They also contain inactive components: calcium stearate, methylcellulose.
- Liniment Cycloferon contains acridone acetic acid in the form of N-methylglucamine salt as an active ingredient, as well as auxiliary ingredients 1,2-propylene glycol up to 100%, 0.1% catapole.
Cycloferon has 2 pronounced effects: antiviral and immunomodulatory, as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative (overwhelmingly excessive cell growth) and anti-tumor effect. In the body, meglumine acridone acetate potentiates the synthesis and accumulation in organs and tissues of significant titers of α and β interferons. The highest content of interferon is noted in structures rich in lymphoid tissue: spleen, lungs, intestinal mucosa, liver.
Cycloferon activates bone marrow stem cells, ensures the formation of granulocytes. Normalizes the ratio of T-suppressors that suppress the formation of antigens, and T-helpers that enhance the adaptive immune response. Activates killer cells and T-lymphocytes. This effect is especially important in immunodeficiencies of various nature, since it leads to correction of the immune status. Penetrates into the brain tissue.
- leads to a marked improvement in common viral diseases like influenza, herpes, enterovirus infection, and in less common pathologies: tick-borne encephalitis, hepatitis, cytomegalovirus and papillomatous infections;
- normalizes the immune status of HIV-infected;
- has antimicrobial and anti-Chlamydia action;
- prevents the launch of tumor processes due to antimetastatic and anti-carcinogenic effects;
- suppresses autoimmune reactions, thereby reducing the severity of pain and inflammation in rheumatic diseases and systemic pathologies of connective tissue;
- causes an improvement in the balance of immunity; when applied topically, it is characterized by antiproliferative action and rapid elimination of inflammation.
Indications for use
What helps Cycloferon? Tablets are prescribed as part of complex therapy in adults in such cases:
- flu and acute respiratory infections;
- herpes infection.
As part of complex therapy in children aged 4 years and older:
- flu and acute respiratory infections;
- herpes infection.
Prevention of influenza and acute respiratory infections in children aged 4 years and older.
While the shots have a wider range of applications.. They are used in such diseases as part of complex therapy:
- HIV infection (stage 2A-2B);
- neuroinfections: serous meningitis and encephalitis, tick-borne borreliosis (Lyme disease);
- viral hepatitis A, B, C, D;
- herpes infection;
- cytomegalovirus infection;
- secondary immunodeficiencies associated with acute and chronic bacterial and fungal infections;
- chlamydial infections;
- rheumatic and systemic connective tissue diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus);
- degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints (including deforming osteoarthrosis).
As part of complex therapy in children:
- viral hepatitis A, B, C, D;
- herpes infection;
- HIV infection (stage 2A-2B).
Annotation to the drug contains the following contraindications for its use:
- liver cirrhosis (decompensation stage);
- high sensitivity to the components of the tool;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- the age of the child under 4 years old (due to the imperfect act of swallowing).
Also, certain contraindications exist when patients have diseases of the digestive organs during the acute phase. Caution should be used Cycloferon in the presence of allergic reactions in history.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Cycloferon is not prescribed to pregnant women, as there is no experience with the use of tablets in obstetric practice, and safety for the mother and fetus has not been established.
If necessary, the appointment of Cycloferon tablets for nursing mothers should decide on the completion of lactation, as it is not known about the ability of the main active substance to be excreted in breast milk.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Cycloferon is ingested 1 time / day for 30 minutes before meals, without chewing, drinking 1/2 glass of water. The dose of the drug depends on the age of the patient.
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 450-600 mg (3-4 tab.) To receive.
- Children aged 7-11 years appoint 300-450 mg (2-3 tab.) At the reception.
- Children aged 4-6 years prescribed 150 mg (1 tab.) At the reception.
It is advisable to repeat the course in 2-3 weeks after the end of the first course.
In the treatment of influenza and acute respiratory diseases, the drug should be taken on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th day (course of treatment - 20 tab.). Treatment must begin at the first symptoms of the disease. With severe flu in the 1st day should be taken 6 tab. drug. If necessary, they additionally carry out symptomatic therapy (antipyretic, analgesic, expectorant drugs).
In case of herpes infection, the drug should be taken on days 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23 (treatment course - 40 tab.) Treatment is most effective when the first symptoms of the disease appear.
Children aged 4 and over
In the treatment of influenza and acute respiratory diseases, the drug should be taken in a dose corresponding to the age, on days 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23. The course of treatment is from 5 to 10 receptions, depending on the severity of the condition and severity of clinical symptoms.
When treating a herpes infection, the drug should be taken on days 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14. The course of treatment varies depending on the severity of the condition and the severity of the clinical symptoms.
For emergency non-specific prevention of influenza and acute respiratory diseases (by direct contact with patients with influenza and acute respiratory infections of a different etiology, during an influenza epidemic), the drug should be taken on days 1, 2, 4, 6, 8. Next, you should take a break for 72 hours (3 days) and continue the course for 11, 14, 17, 20, 23 days. The general course ranges from 5 to 10 receptions.
Injections Cycloferon: instructions for use
Adults Cycloferon administered in / m or / in 1 time / day according to the basic scheme: every other day. The duration of treatment depends on the disease.
- For HIV infection (stage 2A-2B), the drug is prescribed according to the basic scheme of 10 injections of 500 mg and then in the maintenance scheme once every three days for 2.5 months. Repetition of the course is carried out in 10 days.
- In immunodeficient states, the course of treatment consists of 10 intramuscular injections according to the basic scheme in a single dose of 250 mg. The total dose of 2.5 g. Repeated course is held in 6-12 months.
- In rheumatic and systemic diseases of the connective tissue, 4 courses of 5 injections are prescribed according to the basic scheme, 250 mg with an interval of 10-14 days. The need for a second course the doctor determines individually.
- With herpes and cytomegalovirus infections, the drug is prescribed according to the basic scheme - 10 injections of 250 mg each. The total dose of 2.5 g. Treatment is most effective at the beginning of the exacerbation of the disease.
- When neuroinfections drug is administered according to the basic scheme. The course of treatment is 12 injections of 250-500 mg in combination with etiotropic therapy. The total dose of 3-6 g. Repeated courses are carried out as needed.
- When chlamydial infection treatment is carried out according to the basic scheme. The course of treatment is 10 injections of 250 mg each. The total dose of 2.5 g. Repeated course - in 10-14 days. It is advisable combination of cycloferon with antibiotics.
- For acute viral hepatitis A, B, C, D, and mixed forms, the drug is administered using the basic scheme of 10 injections of 500 mg each. The total dose is 5 g. With a protracted course, a repeated course is carried out in 10-14 days.
- In chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D and mixed forms, the drug is administered according to the basic scheme of 10 injections of 500 mg, then the supporting scheme 3 times a week. within 3 months as part of complex therapy. Recommended in combination with interferons and chemotherapy. Repetition of the course is carried out in 10-14 days.
- In degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints prescribed 2 courses of 5 injections of 250 mg with an interval of 10-14 days according to the basic scheme. The need for a second course the doctor determines individually.
For children Cycloferon is prescribed i / m or 1 time / day. The daily therapeutic dose is 6-10 mg / kg body weight.
- In acute viral hepatitis A, B, C, D and mixed forms, 15 injections of the drug are carried out according to the basic scheme. With a protracted course of infection, repeat the course in 10-14 days.
- In chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D, the drug is administered according to the basic scheme of 10 injections and then under the maintenance scheme 3 times a week for 3 months as part of a combination therapy. Recommended use in combination with interferons and chemotherapy.
- In case of HIV infection (stages 2A-2B), a course of 10 injections is prescribed according to the basic scheme and then under the maintenance scheme 1 time in 3 days for 3 months. A second course is carried out in 10 days.
- In case of herpes infection, a course of 10 injections is performed according to the basic scheme. While maintaining the replicative activity of the virus, the course of treatment is continued in a maintenance regimen with the administration of the drug 1 every 3 days for 4 weeks.
According to reviews, Cycloferon is well tolerated by patients. Sometimes undesirable effects in the form of allergic reactions are possible.
Symptoms of overdose
Cases of drug overdose are very rare, but in some cases, with an overdose of medication, symptoms of adverse reactions of the body may appear.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- In the absence of a therapeutic effect, the patient should consult a doctor.
- In the treatment of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections in addition to therapy with cycloferon should be symptomatic therapy.
- For diseases of the thyroid gland, cycloferon should be administered under the supervision of an endocrinologist.
- Before taking the drug, it is necessary to consult a doctor for patients with diseases of the digestive system in the acute phase (erosion, gastric and / or duodenal ulcers, gastritis, duodenitis) and allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
- If the next dose of the drug is missed, then it should be continued at the first opportunity, without taking into account the time interval and doubling the dose, to continue the course of treatment according to the scheme started.
Compatibility with other drugs
The drug and analogues of Cycloferon are compatible with all drugs used to treat the above diseases, including chemotherapeutic drugs and interferons.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Cycloferon:
- Irina. With the flu, take cycloferon tablets - it helps. She stopped hurting her head and her joints barely ache. Another drink Erespal cough. The doctor prescribed Kagocel. She said that Cycloferon can no longer be taken (took 1, 2 and 4 days). I have not yet felt the effect of Kagocel, and Tsikloferon significantly helped in the beginning of the illness.
- Pauline. Cycloferon helps me well, I'm happy. I always take with colds and flu, and my husband too. It helps to easily transfer the disease, we quickly recover. She also noticed that if I had time to take it at the first symptoms of the disease, then I wouldn’t get sick. The husband still takes with him on business trips, accepts immediately, if one of his colleagues falls ill - the virus does not take it, remains healthy. And, by the way, what does it mean there is no normal research? I've been wandering on the Internet, I do not remember what I was looking for, but I went to the copper pv. Just in the section Cycloferon. Honestly, there are few scientific articles on the drug. I was impressed. There is also a conclusion from the Research Institute of Influenza, everything is described in a concise and accessible language, called “Conclusion about the effectiveness of cycloferon”.
- Sasha. I had and have conjunctivitis. An optometrist is given coupons only a month in advance, and he needed a sick-list, so I turned to the therapist. Together with conjunctivitis flows from the nose. Those. it was not clear whether conjunctivitis is an adenoviral infection, or the eyes so affect the nose and throat. One of the therapists advised me to take tests for cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex and something else. And appointed cycloferon pierce. I communicate with my friend, whose dad is a doctor. She said that a very good drug. Very effective, which helps with Orvi. According to the designated scheme, I bought myself 10 ampoules. After about 5 I had run down from my nose and eyes as if I had been (before that I also took Flemoxin). His eyes broke, the temperature rose 37.2, although it did not exist at all. Now there are 2 ampoules left, yesterday the temperature was again. Today, too, although I did not even leave the house. It feels as if immunity is even weaker.
You can replace cycloferon with the following medications:
- Amizon refers to Cycloferon substitutes for the pharmaco-therapeutic group. It is on sale in the form of tablets, which are prescribed for the treatment of acute viral respiratory diseases in adults. Pregnancy and lactation are contraindications to the appointment of Amizon.
- Kagocel is a domestic antiviral drug produced in tablets. It is a substitute for Cycloferon in the clinical and pharmacological group. It can be given to patients older than 3 years for the treatment and prevention of SARS, including influenza. Adults can take pills for herpes infections.
- Amiksin as an active ingredient contains Trilon. 60 mg tablets can be prescribed to children over 7 years of age for the treatment of ARVI. The drug at a dosage of 125 mg is prescribed to adult patients for the treatment and prevention of ARVI. It is also prescribed by adults for herpes, cytomegalovirus infection, hepatitis viral etiology, chlamydia, tuberculosis.
- Arbidol belongs to antiviral drugs and is a substitute for the drug Cycloferon in the pharmacological group. It is produced in capsules, tablets, powder, from which they make a suspension for oral administration. In a suitable dosage form, the drug is allowed for patients over 2 years old. Arbidol is contraindicated until 14 weeks of pregnancy.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Cycloferon in tablet form is stored in a dry, dark place at room temperature for no longer than 24 months.
Solution for injection stored at room temperature for no longer than three years. Allowed to freeze the drug. In the formation of sediment or discoloration of the drug is not suitable for use.